Venn Diagram Questions are asked in the logical reasoning section and carry a good weightage in the CAT exam. Venn diagrams test your logical reasoning skills and IQ level. Several questions in this category use daily life examples around you. As many students come from non-maths backgrounds, the questions on venn diagrams are structured at a basic level.
Looking at the Venn diagrams definition, it is a set of diagrams that show all logical relations between the given quantity of sets. It was first invented by John Venn in 1880 and published in the Philosophical Magazine. The questions related to Venn diagrams involve overlapping circles in which each circle represents a set.
Important Venn Diagram Topics
The important Venn diagram topics for CAT exam are:
Compare and Contrast
A diagram is given, and questions asked are based on it.
Diagrams in Options
In this type of Venn diagram question, the diagrams are given in the options, and a question regarding that is asked.
Tips to Solve Venn Diagrams Questions
Here are some tips and tricks that you can employ while solving Venn diagram questions in CAT exam:
- When you solve Venn diagrams questions for CAT, you must draw the diagram on the answer sheet or rough paper first to understand the question. You can opt for various Venn diagrams practice questions and sample questions from previous year CAT exams to check what type of questions are assigned for Venn diagrams.
- Venn Diagrams are used to solve complex mathematical problems. If you are thorough with Venn diagrams examples and Venn diagrams test questions, you can easily ace other fields of mathematics.
- There are many types of questions in the Venn diagrams category. When the sets given are three separate items, draw three circles for them.
- In many Venn diagrams topics and Venn diagrams notes, you will see questions where all the three items are interrelated to each other. Hence, the diagram formed will be one inside the other.
- In the third kind of questions found in many Venn diagrams study guides, two items are not related to each other but are related to the third item in the set. In this case, the two small circles are drawn inside one big circle.
- In many Venn diagrams questions and solutions, you will see that the two items are related to each other and somehow related to the third item too. Hence, the diagram will be overlapping circles placed in a bigger circle.
Importance of Venn diagrams for CAT Exam
Let’s see why Venn diagrams are important for CAT:
- Venn diagram is an essential topic of any competitive exam because it tests a candidate's logical and analytical thinking.
- It consists of a majority part of the quantitative aptitude and logical reasoning in the CAT exam. If you are a pro in Venn diagrams, then you can score very well in the logical reasoning section.
- Venn diagrams being a part of the logical reasoning section in a CAT exam are useful in checking the aptitude of the candidates.
- They also help in testing the critical thinking of the students and their ability to solve the given problem without much difficulty.
Most Recommended Books for Venn Diagrams for CAT
There are many books available in the market with interesting Venn diagrams tricks, Venn diagrams quiz, Venn diagrams problems with solutions included. Some of the popular ones are:
GMAT Critical Reasoning Bible
Class 11th Mathematics
Why Prepare Venn Diagrams from BYJU'S Exam Prep?
BYJU'S Exam Prep is a perfect platform to practice different Venn diagrams questions and answers for your CAT exam. There are interactive and engaging quizzes through which you can test your knowledge in Venn diagrams and excel. You can also download Venn diagrams questions and answers in PDF to practice. Venn Diagrams questions and answers are scoring, and many students have got good grades in their quantitative aptitude and logical reasoning sections because of Venn Diagrams.
The response of students from across the country for BYJU'S Exam Prep has been positive and amazing. They say that different Venn diagram questions improved their logical reasoning abilities and solving complex mathematical problems. All the quizzes are structured for students to prepare them for the most challenging CAT questions.
1. What are the different types of Venn diagrams?
Usually, there are 5 to 7 types of Venn diagrams based on different sets. The sets range from 2 to 4.
2. What is the middle section of the Venn diagrams called?
In the schematic Venn diagram, there are three sets. When these three circles intersect with each other, they form a triangle, which is called the Reuleaux triangle.
3. What is a Venn diagram with three circles called?
The Venn diagram with three circles represents three sets of the question. Hence, the diagram is called a three-set Venn diagram. All three circles are dividing space into two halves.
4. What are the books one can refer to for Venn diagrams?
Venn Diagrams are a part of logical reasoning and mathematical ability. They are asked in various competitive exams. You can study it from different GMAT prep and CAT prep logical reasoning books for this topic.
5. What is the maximum number of sets that can be drawn in Venn diagrams?
Infinite sets are possible to draw in the form of Venn diagrams. Hence, it would help if you practiced questions related to it from the previous years papers .