Tournaments for CAT Exam comprise questions based on the games and tournaments format that is precisely used to eliminate the weaker teams based on their matches. Tournament is a concept used in sports such as cricket, football, hockey, and more where more than two teams compete in an elimination match for the first position. The tournament questions for CAT exam seek the analytical and interpretational skills of the student. You should be familiar with some tournament's tricks and tips while solving these types of questions, as it can help you solve the questions quickly. Tournaments topics are an important and recurring part of the CAT syllabus. It is also asked in other MBA Entrance exams as well as GATE, IRS, IES, NDA, and other national level exams.
Important Tournaments Topics
In this elimination tournament game, the loser of the match is immediately eliminated from the game. Hence, no second chance is given in this type of tournament.
League or Round Robin tournaments
In this type of tournament game, each team plays with one another. It doesn’t matter whether the team is losing or winning.
This type of tournament means that a combination of tournaments is used for the entire game, divided into some sections.
It is a simple tournament type, where the winner is challenged by any team for the title.
Tips to Solve Tournaments Test Questions
- There are different types of tournaments, and hence, questions vary. You should look for each tournaments questions and answers types before the exam.
- It’s best to look at some previous years’ tournaments examples for getting an overview of the questions.
- Tournaments questions particularly lead to the formation of a triangle where teams are split. The winner sits at the top of the triangle. Try to frame your own tournament triangle while attempting such questions.
- Keep practising live online tournaments quiz for analysing your preparation speed and accuracy.
Importance of Tournaments in the Quantitative Section of CAT Exam
- Tournaments form a part of the logical section of the CAT. Hence, they are an important topic to pass and secure a good CAT rank.
- Tournaments questions and solutions are a type of data analysis and interpretation question where the student is required to interpret the given numerical and games data.
- According to the tournament's definition, it is required to come out with a winner among the pool of teams. Hence, these types of questions are a good way to interpret your logical and analytical thinking.
- Other than CAT, tournament questions also come in the logical reasoning section of NDA, CDS, and army exams.
Most Recommended Books for Tournaments
Tournaments practice questions can be found in many good logical reasoning and quantitative aptitude books. Some of the books are mentioned below.
How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for CAT
Quantitative Aptitude Quantum CAT Common Admission Tests for Admission into IIMs
Sarvesh K. Verma
Why Prepare Tournaments From BYJU'S Exam Prep?
Gradeup is an established online education platform that provides excellent tutorials for various high-level tests and entrance exams. You can get all the preparatory materials like tournaments questions and answers pdf, tournaments problems with solutions, tournaments questions and solutions from the BYJU'S Exam Prep website. You must try your hand at solving many tournament practice questions before going for the CAT, as it will help you in analysing your strengths and weaknesses. To prepare well for the exams, BYJU'S Exam Prep’s experienced educators have prepared tournament notes, and tournaments study guides for students.
1. How can I solve tournament questions in the CAT exam?
There are various types of tournaments with different formulas. Check the question about the kind of tournament it is asking and apply the relevant formula.
2. How many games are in a Round Robin tournament?
It is based on the number of teams playing that tournament. A tournament of 16 teams can be done in 4 rounds.
3. How important are games and tournament questions in CAT?
Tournaments form an important part of the CAT question paper and are asked regularly. You should prepare well for these types of questions for scoring good marks.
4. How many games are in a 16 team tournament?
In a 16 team tournament, the number of games is 15. These 15 games will decide the winner of the tournament.
5. Where can I prepare tournament questions?
You can prepare for tournament questions from many online sites like BYJU'S Exam Prep that provide an extensive range of study materials for CAT preparation.