Tables are essential data analysis, and logical reasoning topics asked in various exams. This question tests the deductive ability of the student for a given set of tables consisting of various facts and figures. The tables test questions demand both analytical and deductive knowledge. The questions are derived from basic concepts of tables that contain some information in the form of facts and figures. There are various tables, tricks and tips to solve tables questions for the CAT exam.
Important Tables Topics for CAT Exam
Some of the important Tables topics that are covered in the CAT questions are given below.
This is the simplest form of a data table that consists of only two variables. You need to find answers based on these two variable facts and figures. This type of question usually comes in 1 marks type.
Multiple data tables
In this category of question, you would be given multiple variable values, and you have to deduce the answers by using all of these facts and figures. It is a complicated form of 2-Data table approach.
Tips to Solve Tables Questions
- Go through the different facts given in the table and try to make a logical connection between the data. Then use interpretational abilities to answer the question.
- The table questions test your analytical and reasoning skills. You should check all the given facts and figures before answering.
- Be familiar with the different types of industry trends which might be presented as a question.
- Read tables study guides to check various question patterns and their solution strategies.
Importance of Tables in the Quantitative Section of CAT Exam
- CAT exam focuses on the logical reasoning and problem-solving ability of the students. Hence tables is a recommended topic for this exam.
- Tables questions and answers focus on the data analysing ability part of the assessment. They need the students to apply their interpretational and data analysing skills simultaneously to arrive at the answer.
- This topic is also essential for other exams such as GATE and other UPSC, SSC Exams. The logical reasoning part of the CAT exam is necessary to pass and hence requires good preparation.
Most Recommended Books for Tables
Following books can be referred for CAT preparation for Tables topic.
Logical Reasoning- CAT
Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT
Logical Reasoning & Data Interpretation for the CAT
Nikhil K. Sinha
Why Prepare Tables from BYJU'S Exam Prep?
You will get all the preparatory materials like tables questions and answers pdf, tables problems with solutions, tables questions and solutions from BYJU'S Exam Prep website. You must try your hand at solving many tables practice questions before going for the CAT main exam as it will help you in assessing your weaker areas. To get familiar with the exam pattern, you can take the tables quiz from our website. To prepare well for the exams, our experienced educators have prepared tables notes for students. It will help you to revise the tables topics in a short time.
Question: What is the definition of a Table?
Answer: There is a simple definition for the tables as it comprises a vast area of logical reasoning. Any facts and figures presented in a proper tabular format is the table.
Question: Do the Tables come in government exams?
Answer: Yes, the tables help in assessing the mathematical and logical capabilities of the student. It is an integral part of the government exam syllabus.
Question: How can I prepare for the Tables?
Answer: There are many good ed-tech sites, including BYJU'S Exam Prep, where you can prepare for the topic. They provide definitions with table examples for better understanding.
Question: Is tables an easy topic to learn?
Answer: Tables need a good amount of deductive and reasoning capabilities. It is a heavy CAT logical reasoning topic that comes in the exam. You can easily prepare for this topic from various online sites
Question: Why are tables essential for data analysis?
Answer: Tables present facts and figures in a tabular form which helps in understanding the context of the information. Hence, it is a suitable method for data analysis.