Set Theory questions for CAT is one of the most scoring topics. These questions come under the quantitative aptitude section CAT Exam. Set Theory questions and answers can be divided into two major categories – numerical questions and logical questions. Set, in simplest terms, means a collection of well-defined objects. Every object inside this set is called the element of the set, and the number of elements in a set is together called the cardinal number.
Set Theory quiz questions are regularly asked in a number of competitive exams like – CAT, MAT, XAT, Bank Exams, and many other entrance exams.
Important Set Theory Topics
Some of the important terms associated with Set theory are as follows. These are the basics of Set Theory for CAT and other competitive exams.
A set that has zero or no elements.
A set that has only a single element.
A set having countable numbers is called a finite set.
A set having uncountable numbers is called an infinite set.
A set containing exactly the same numbers of one set is called a universal set.
A set is said to be a subset of another set where there are the same numbers in both sets.
Two sets are said to be equal if they contain exactly the same elements.
Two sets are called disjoint sets if the elements inside the sets are different.
Tips to Solve Set Theory Questions
- Set Theory notes are one of the most important parts of this section. You can prepare your own shortcut notes comprising of formulae, short tricks to understand the topic better.
- There are a number of Set Theory study practice papers available. These are helpful in giving you time-saving tips and tricks so that you can gain full marks without any confusion.
- It is always recommended to understand from the Set Theory example so that your understanding of the concept will be much more clear. This way, you will be able to solve the topic in a better way.
Importance of Set Theory in Quantitative Aptitude for CAT
- Set Theory topics helps in the logical understanding of the problem. It helps in logical and analytical development of the person.
- When you are solving Set Theory test questions, your mind will be able to answer much faster and in a better way. This will enhance your speed and also test your mathematical skills.
- Set Theory is also believed to be the foundation of mathematics, and thus, it is quite important in competitive exams.
- Set Theory is also the starting point. Once you gain control over this topic, then you will be able to solve the more complex mathematical equations easily.
Most Recommended Books for Set Theory
Following is the list of books recommended to study Set Theory for CAT and similar MBA Entrance tests.
Name of the Book
Charles C Pinter
Elements of Set Theory
Why Prepare Set Theory from BYJU'S Exam Prep?
BYJU'S Exam Prep provides you with the best CAT study materials needed to get through the exam. You will get access to a number of CAT Mock Tests, CAT previous year papers with solutions, CAT online coaching at affordable rates. The highly qualified and experienced faculty members share their insights and tricks on how to solve the problems quickly and with 100% accuracy. You can further analyse your performance with a dashboard and understand where they stand in comparison to their competitors. This is one of the best preparation sites where you will get the complete knowledge about the syllabus and future exams.
1.What are some of the Set Theory tricks?
One of the rarely discussed and mentioned tricks for set theory is to understand the probability part. This will help you to solve questions easily and quickly.
2. How to gain full marks in Set Theory questions and answers pdf?
Practise is the key. This will help you to avoid negative marking, and thus, you will be able to score better in this topic.
3. What is the best platform for Set Theory practice questions?
Try to practise from previous years’ CAT question papers. Practice at least five years' questions to understand the pattern. Apart from this, you can also practice daily CAT questions, quizzes from BYJU'S Exam Prep.
4. Any other suggestions to avoid negative marking in Set Theory problems with solutions?
You can go ahead and practise from the CAT Set Theory questions as well. This will help you to understand and practise higher level questions.
5. Can we prepare online for Set Theory questions and solutions?
Yes, with a good online platform like BYJU'S Exam Prep, you can prepare online for Set Theory questions. Most of the examinations today take place on an online platform, and thus, it will be convenient to have an online practise session too. Visit BYJU'S Exam Prep for CAT online quizzes and practice sessions.