According to the Mixed charts and graphs definition, they are mathematical representations using tools of statistics in the form of various graphs, bars, diagrams, charts, tables, etc. Mixed charts and Graphs come under the subject matter of Data Interpretation. These problems form an integral part of all banking, SBI, PO, CAT, XAT, and other competitive exams.
Mixed Charts and Graphs section usually is mistaken as a tough one as it seems highly numeric. However, the truth is that if interpreted correctly, mixed charts and graphs questions for CAT are one of the easiest sections to solve. The only need is to understand the tips and tricks that help you to deal with this section better. With regular Mixed CHarts and Graphs practice tests, you can score full marks in this section.
Important Mixed graphs and charts Topic:
Some important mixed charts and graphs topics are as follows:
The bar diagram is one of the regular strategies used to introduce different sorts of information. It is typically asked in the information translation segment of the serious tests. In information translation, it is the portrayal of information where the vertical bars are put at equivalent separation from one another. This topic can be understood by going through mixed charts and graphs examples.
The line chart is only an updated form of a bar graph. It is shaped by associating the highest points of the bars with the goal to form a line.
Perhaps the easiest strategy used to break down the information and to show the information is in a table form. In the plain tabular structure, you get a deliberate plan of lines and segments. The primary segment is used to demonstrate the titles, and the mainline is likewise used to show the equivalent. The main section is utilised to illustrate the titles, and the primary line is likewise used to show the equivalent.
In a pie diagram, information is presented in a circle. There are fragments and areas into which a pie outline is being isolated, and every one of these fragments and areas shapes a specific bit of the aggregate.
Tips to Solve Mixed graphs and charts Questions:
Here are some tips to keep in mind while solving mixed charts and graphs test questions.
- A comprehensive study of various headings of the DI graph/table/line/chart is of great importance. Maintain mixed charts and graphs notes to clear concepts. The way to solve the question depends on the type of representation. Learn all the types of mixed charts and graphs thoroughly.
- The reasoning method is beneficial in understanding the best and quickest way to solve DI questions.
- If there are 4-5 questions based on one represented graph/chart, one question may help find the answer for the other question. So the deductive and correlative way of thinking is helpful.
- Learn shortcuts for squares, multiplication, and division.
- Master your ratio and percentage calculation. This can be done by accessing several online mixed charts and graphs problems with solutions.
- Practise problems of fraction conversion and other kinds of mixed Charts and Graphs quiz.
Importance of Mixed Graphs and charts in CAT Exam
Here’s why mixed charts and graphs are an important topic:
- These questions are very important for entrance exams related to banking and other government posts.
- This section tests the quantitative aptitude of the examinees by understanding their level of data interpretational skills.
- The highly technical nature of MBA related jobs requires the applicant to be adept with data interpretation techniques.
- Candidates' quick-wittedness and logic are greatly tested through mixed graphs and chart questions in banking and government exams.
Most Recommended Books for Mixed graphs and Charts
These are the most effective mixed charts and graphs study guides and books:
A complete guide to Arithmetic and Statistics
Why Prepare Mixed Graphs and Charts From BYJU'S Exam Prep?
BYJU'S Exam Prep is a perfect platform for a well-divided syllabus, modules, and practice papers. The preparation material is well crafted as per the needs and expectations of the aspirants. BYJU'S Exam Prep, in simple words, is the perfect virtual class you can avail of. With dedicated research teams who build our content, you'll have access to the study materials as well as an institute's modules. Our materials, include the mixed charts and graphs questions and answers pdf, also provide mixed charts and graphs tricks for CAT Exam to help you solve the section easily.
1. What are mixed Graphs and charts Questions?
Mixed graphs and charts questions are a way to make sense out of some data collection that is processed and filtered. This collection is usually present in the form of various statistical tools such as:
- bar graphs,
- line charts,
- pie diagrams and other such tools
2. Are mixed graphs and charts Difficult to prepare?
This section carries almost 25% weightage in CAT exams. It is essential to prepare well. Needless to say, it's not a very easy topic. However, if you get the trick and the right techniques, it becomes relatively easier to solve such questions.
3. Can we score well in Mixed graphs and charts problems in banking exams, in competitive exams?
Yes, if you've mastered the tricks, this is one of the easiest and most scoring parts of the paper. However, only with regular practice, you can score well. Attempt various mixed Charts and Graphs, questions and solutions to practice.
4. Can we prepare for the Mixed graphs and charts section in a month?
If you dedicate 4-5 hours of practice daily this section is doable in a month. But again consistency is always the key to performing well in any Quantitative aptitude section.
5. What weightage of marks is given to mixed graphs and charts in CAT and other MBA entrances?
The questions based on mixed graphs and charts approximately contain around 25 marks. You can prepare well by solving many mixed charts and graphs, practice questions.