Logical Matching is an important analytical, and logical reasoning topic asked in CAT and other MBA Entrance exams. This question tests the logical reasoning ability of the student to find a solution for the given definition by Matching the question with the solution. Solving the Logical Matching test questions demands both logical and analytical knowledge. Hence, they are good for testing the aptitude of the student. The questions are designed to test students' skills derived from the concept of deriving and analyzing the given definition and then applying it to the given options to find out the best solution. There are various Logical Matching tricks and tips to solve Logical Matching questions for CAT.
The Logical Matching questions are frequently asked in almost every competitive exams such as CAT, GATE, ONGC, IBPS, SBI PO and Railways exams. It is also found in NDA, CDS, and Central & State government job examinations. Practicing Logical matching questions will help you to solve such type of questions in minimum type with accuracy.
Important Logical Matching Topics
Some of the important Logical Matching topics that you can expect come in the exam are of the following types- is conveniently divided into multiple sections.
Logical Matching of Words
In this part, a word is given as a question, and you need to match it with the correct option that holds its definition.
Logical Matching of Definitions
This is the prime set of matching question type. It tells a definition in the question. Then in the options part, it provides four possible situations. You need to match the question definition to one of the correct situations. An example is given below to understand this type of question.
Question: Violating an Apartment Lease happens when a renter does something restricted by the legally binding document that he/ she has signed with a landlord. Which situation below is a suitable example of Violating an Apartment Lease?
- Rahul has decided to move to a different city, so he calls his landlord to tell him that he is not interested in renewing resigning his lease when it expires next month.
- Rajesh recently lost his job. For and, for the last three months, he has not had neglected to pay his landlord the rent they agreed upon in writing when he moved into his apartment eight months ago.
- Karim writes a letter to his landlord that lists numerous complaints about the apartment he has agreed to rent for two years.
- Deepti thinks that her landlord is neglecting the home in which she rents an apartment. She calls her lawyer to ask for advice.
Tips to Solve Logical Matching Questions
- Read the different types of words and their definitions. These definitions can help you eliminate some of the available question options.
- The word definition tests your word interpretation and grammar skills. Try finding removing options based on the definition.
- Be familiar with the concepts like what are important legal terms and government terms.
- Read Logical Matching study guides to check various question pattern and their solution strategies.
Importance of Logical Matching for CAT Exam
- CAT exam aims to focus on the logical reasoning and problem-solving ability of the students. Hence Logical Matching is a valuable topic for this exam.
- Logical Matching questions and answers focus on the reasoning ability part of the assessment. They need the students to apply their interpretational and logical reasoning skills simultaneously to arrive at the answer.
Most Recommended Books for Logical Matching (h2)
Here are some of the books that are helpful in solving logical matching questions with solutions.
RS Aggarwal Logical Reasoning- CAT
Logical Reasoning & Data Interpretation for the CAT
Nikhil K. Sinha
Why prepare fora Logical Matching from BYJU'S Exam Prep?
BYJU'S Exam Prep is an established education platform that provides excellent quality education for high-level tests and entrance exams. You can get all the preparatory materials like Logical Matching questions and answers pdf, Logical Matching problems with solutions, Logical Matching questions, and solutions from the BYJU'S Exam Prep website. You must practice Logical Matching practice questions before going for the final CAT exam as it will help you in accessing your weakness. To get familiar with the exam, you can take the Logical Matching quiz from our website. To help you prepare you well for the exams, our experienced educators have prepared Logical Matching notes for the students. It will help you in revising the Logical Matching topics in a short time.
Q. What is the Logical Matching definition?
There is no proper definition for Logical Matching as it comprises a vast area of logical reasoning section. Logical Matching is the Matching of the correct definition with the given word.
2. Are questions onDoes the Logical Matching asked in CAT exams?
Yes, Logical Matching helps in accessing the reasoning and logical capabilities of the student. It is an integral part of the CAT syllabus.
Where can I prepare for Logical Matching?
There are many good ed-tech sites, including BYJU'S Exam Prep, where you can prepare for the topic. They provide definitions with Logical Matching examples for better understanding.
Is Logical Matching for CAT an easy topic?
Logical Matching needs a fair amount of analytical and reasoning capabilities. It is a simple CAT topic for which questions are asked in the exam. You can easily prepare for this topic from various online sites.
Why is logical Matching important for a reasoning exam?
There are many topics inside the logical reasoning section of the syllabus that includes logical Matching. as well. It is one of the simplest parts of the logical reasoning syllabus.