Line charts are a type of data interpretation questions that are based on pictorial representation of data. Lines charts questions and answers are extensively used in different exams as a typical data analysis question. You need to apply your data interpretation skills to arrive at the solution. Line charts questions for CAT is an essential and recurring exam topic that is easily solvable. A straight line represents the data and its fluctuations in a grid graph consisting of two variables.
Line charts test questions is a frequent topic many exams including CAT, GATE, IES, IBPS, and ISI entrance exams. Hence, it is better to have a good grasp over this subject so that you can score easily in this topic.
Important Line Charts Topics
Line charts usually come in two broad categories differentiated by the number of datasets being given. The types of line charts topics are given below.
Single data line charts
In this type of data question, you are given a single data set represented as a single line on the graph.
Double data line charts
In this type of data question, you are given two data sets that can be represented using two distinct lines on the graph.
Multi-data line charts
In this type of question, you are given multiple data sets that are represented by more than two lines on the graph. It is generally equal to the number of distinct datasets being given.
Tips to Solve/Prepare Line Charts Questions
Following are some tips that you can follow while solving line charts.
- Line charts questions and solutions are based on data presentation and data interpretation. Always check for the given data precisely, and make a table containing the numerical data.
- Data interpretation also requires some deductive skills as you may need to deduce any given point of the line chart.
- Check out the online resources and solve line charts quiz.
- Solving line charts usually requires good deductive reasoning and making an approximate assumption of that given data point.
Importance of Line Charts in CAT Exams
Here’s why line charts are an important part of the CAT and other competitive exams:
- Line charts test your data interpretation skills and hence form an important part of the data analysis section.
- Line charts need a precise and easy approach to understand the data. You are required to form a tabular presentation of the line chart data.
- It's important to prepare good line chart notes, tricks for sufficient preparation of this topic as the topic requires to be completed in less time. Hence regular practice is necessary for quick solutions.
- Line charts also test your graphical data interpretation that can help us in identifying data such as weather conditions, market fluctuations, time changes, and more.
Most Recommended Books for Line Chart Questions
The following are some good books of line charts practice questions and serve as line charts study guides.
Logical Reasoning- CAT
Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT
Logical Reasoning & Data Interpretation for the CAT
Nikhil K. Sinha
Why Prepare Line Charts from BYJU'S Exam Prep?
BYJU'S Exam Prep is an established education platform that provides excellent tutorials for high-level tests and entrance exams. You can get all the preparatory materials like line charts questions and answers pdf, line charts problems with solutions and more from BYJU'S Exam Prep website. You must try your hand at solving many line charts practice questions before going for the CAT main exam as it will help you assess your strengths and weaknesses in this section. To get familiar with the exam, you can take the line charts quiz from our website. To prepare well for the exams, our experienced educators have prepared line charts notes and tricks, thus, saving time for you to attempt other questions.
Q. What is the line charts definition?
Line charts are the pictorial representation of data in the graph using straight lines. It depicts the information over the graph.
Q. How can I prepare for the line charts?
You should practice as many questions as possible on Line Charts so that you have a good understanding of the type of questions that can be asked. You can practice line graph questions, mock tests online on BYJU'S Exam Prep. You will get Line Graph Questions with Solutions here.
Q. Are line charts also a part of the math section of the exam?
Yes, line charts can also come in the math section and the quantitative section in the graph topic.
Q. Can we find a common intersection point using the formula in the graph?
Yes, you can use the line formula y=mx + c to find the common intersection point of two given lines.
Q. Is line charts a frequent topic in the exam?
Line charts form a good portion of the question paper and regularly come in the CAT question papers.