Clocks and calendars are essential analytical, and logical reasoning topics asked in various exams. This question tests the interpretational ability of the student for a given set of clock and calendar questions. The clocks and calendars test questions demand both logic and mathematical knowledge. The questions are derived from basic concepts of working of clocks and setting of calendars. There are various clocks and calendars tricks and tips to solve clocks and calendars questions for CAT exam. By knowing the right tricks and tips for solving clocks and calendar topics, one can easily score full marks in this. This is that part of the reasoning ability from where one is bound to get at least three to four marks o questions. Hence, it is better not to lose marks on an easy topic like clocks and calendars.
Important Clocks and calendars Topics
Some of the essential clocks and calendar topics that are covered in the CAT questions are given below.
In this question type, you would be required to answer questions based on the dials of the clock, the time difference and the angles between the dials.
In this category of questions, you would be required to answer questions based on the dates, months and years of the calendar. The question may give you any particular date and year, and you would be required to find which weekday it is.
Tips to Solve/ Prepare Clocks and calendars Questions
- Go through the different formulas to derive the clock angles and dial speed of the clock. Then use interpretational abilities by matching the derived answer with the options.
- The clocks and calendars questions test your analytical and reasoning skills. You should keep looking for any hints in the question.
- Be familiar with the different types of calendar weeks and days.
- Read clocks and calendars study guides to check various question patterns and their solution strategies.
Importance of Clocks and calendars for CAT Exam
- CAT exam focuses on the logical reasoning and analytical ability of the students. Hence clocks and calendars is a good topic for this exam.
- Clocks and calendars questions and answers focus on the reasoning ability part of the assessment. They need the students to apply their interpretational and mathematical skills simultaneously to arrive at the answer.
- This topic is also important for other exams such as GATE, SSC, UPSC, and of course MBA Entrance Tests as well. The logical reasoning part of the CAT exam is necessary to pass and hence requires good preparation.
Most Recommended Books for Clocks and calendars
Following books can be referred for CAT preparation for Clocks and Calendars topic:
Logical Reasoning- CAT
Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT
Logical Reasoning & Data Interpretation for the CAT
Nikhil K. Sinha
Why Prepare Clocks and Calendars from BYJU'S Exam Prep?
Gradeup is an established education platform that provides excellent tutorials for high-level tests and entrance exams. You can get all the preparatory materials like clocks and calendars questions and answers pdf, clocks and calendars problems with solutions, clocks and calendars questions and solutions from the BYJU'S Exam Prep website. You must try your hand at solving many Clocks and calendars practice questions before going for the CAT main exam as it will help you in assessing your weak areas. To get familiar with the exam, you can take the clocks and calendars quiz from our website. To prepare well for the exams, our experienced educators have prepared clocks and calendars notes for students. It will help you to revise the clocks and calendar topics in a short time.
1. What is the definition of clocks and calendars?
There is a simple definition for the clocks and calendars as it comprises a vast area of logical reasoning. Clocks, as we all know, show the time by using three different dials moving in a circular motion. Whereas, calendars are used to look for the days and months.
Do the clocks and calendars come in government exams?
Yes, the Clocks and calendars help in assessing the deductive and logical capabilities of the student. It is an integral part of the government exam syllabus.
How can I prepare for the logical deduction?
There are many good ed-tech sites, including BYJU'S Exam Prep, where you can prepare for the topic. They provide definitions with Clocks and calendars examples for better understanding.
Is the clocks and calendars an easy topic to learn?
Clocks and calendars need a good amount of analytical and reasoning capabilities. It is an easy CAT logical reasoning topic that comes in the exam. You can easily prepare for this topic from various online sites
How many times does a wrong clock show the correct time in 24 hours?
Any wrong clock will show the correct time 2 times in a 24 hour period.