GATE 2023 Building Materials Rank Booster Quiz 43
Attempt now to get your rank among 120 students!
1) For a sound cement, expansion due to lime in Le chatelier method shall not be more than 10 cm
2) Autoclave test is used to measure soundness due to presence of magnesia in cement.
3) In vicat’s apparatus to determine setting time of cement, 10 mm diameter plunger is used to determine initial setting time.
4) Blair’s air permeability method is used to determine fineness of cement.
Correct statement(s) is/are:
Statement (II) : This rapid method depends on curing the concrete in warm water at or above 55°C
1) The concrete with 28 days characteristic compressive strength greater than 50 to 60 MPa is known as high strength concrete.
2) It is generally made by using high grade portland cement with its content of 400 to 450 kg/m3, and by lowering the water cement ratio to 0.35 or cover.
Which of the above statements is (are) correct?
1). Admixtures of anti–freezing materials
2). Selection of suitable type of cement
3). Use of air–entraining agents
4). Economic heating of materials of concrete.
I. This paint is prepared from nitro-cotton, photographic films, etc.
II. It gets hardens by evaporation of thinning agent.
III. It gives a flexible, hard and smooth surface.
IV. The painted surfaces with cellulose paint can be washed and easily cleaned.
- 120 attempts
- 0 upvotes
- 0 comments