- Rafael Nadal (Spain) wins men’s 2022 French Open title after beating Casper Ruud by 6-3, 6-3, 6-0.
- Iga Swiatek(Poland) wins women’s singles French Open 2022 by defeating Coco Gauff 6-1, 6-3.
- It was the 126th edition of the French Open.
- The winner amount:€2.2 million.
- The first runner-up: €1.1 million.
Rafael Nadal wins his 14th title at the French Open
- Spanish tennis player, Rafael Nadal has won the French Open 2022, defeating Casper Ruud (Norwegian) in the final.
- Currently ranked as world No. 4 by the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP).
- It was his 14th French Open men’s singles title and 22nd Grand Slam title.
- He won his first title in 2005.
- The Spaniard took his Grand Slam singles titles tally to 22 which is 2 more than Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic.
- He became the oldest French Open men's singles champion breaks Andres Gimeno's record of 34 years and 305 days from 1972.
Iga Swiatek won the Women's title for the French Open 2022
- Iga Swiatek (Poland) beats Coco Gauff (America) by 6-1, 6-3 to win her second women's singles title at the Roland Garros in Paris.
French Open Winners List 2022
French Open 2021Titles
French Open Winners
Rafael Nadal (Spain)
Casper Ruud (Norway)
Iga Świątek (Poland)
Coco Gauff (United States )
Marcelo Arévalo (El Salvador ) and Jean-Julien Rojer (Netherlands )
Ivan Dodig (Croatia) and Austin Krajicek (United States )
Caroline Garcia and Kristina Mladenovic (France)
Coco Gauff and Jessica Pegula (United States)
Ena Shibahara (Japan) and Wesley Koolhof (Netherlands)
Ulrikke Eikeri (Norway ) and Joran Vliegen (Belgium)
Grand Slam Tournaments
These are the four most important annual tennis tournaments. They are as follows:
- Australian Open (Mid-January)
- French Open (September and October)
- Wimbledon (June and July)
- US Open (August and September)
These tournaments are played on different type of grounds. They are:-
These tournaments are played in five categories-
(a) Men’s singles
(b) Women’s singles
(c) Men’s doubles
(d) Women’s doubles
(e) Mixed doubles
All-Time GrandSlam Title Leaders
- Rafael Nadal: 22 (GrandSlam Title)
- Rodger Federer and Novak Djokovic: 20 (GrandSlam Title)
- Pete Sampras: 14 (GrandSlam Title)
- Roy Emerson: 12 (GrandSlam Title)
Here are some important links that will come in handy while preparing for the current affairs section-
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
- Unlimited access to 18+ Bank and Insurance Exam mock tests
- Mock Tests designed by Exam Experts.
- Detailed Performance Analysis.
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.