Krishi Sanjeevani Vans
By : Neha Dhyani
Updated : Mar 1, 2023, 13:01
The Krishi Sanjeevani Vans is a current government of India initiative launched under the government's Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana (RKVY) scheme, implemented by the Karnataka Government in January 2021 by BS Yediyurappa, former Karnataka Chief Minister. Under this initiative, around 40 Krishi Sanjeevani Vans got launched to deliver lab assistance to the farming fields. Keep reading below to learn more about the latest Krishi Sanjeevani Vans initiative to better prepare for your upcoming IAS examination.
What is the Krishi Sanjeevani Vans Yojana?
- The Krishi Sanjeevani Vans initiative got launched by the Karnataka Government under the central government's RKVY (Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana) initiative.
- The Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana was initiated in 2007 and envisioned attaining 4% annual farming growth.
- This initiative is principally a remunerative approach for Allied Sector Rejuvenation (RAFTAAR) and Agriculture with a government funding of INR 15,722 crores.
- The launch of this initiative is remedial action for the sluggish development in farming yields and associated areas.
Krishi Sanjeevani Vans Significance
- This government initiative helps states attain better autonomy and enhanced flexibility to design and implement programs incentivizing farming and associated sector investments.
- The Krishi Sanjeevani Vans initiative has decentralized farming by developing a District Agriculture Plan and a State Agriculture Plan.
- It assesses the regional requirements by guaranteeing the availability of suitable technology and natural aids based on agro-climatic situations.
- This government initiative presents a much-required saving to agriculturalists as it brings the farming laboratory to the meadows.
- As a result of this Krishi Sanjeevani Vans initiative, agriculturalists will be conscious of the different approaches to farming through interaction with specialists from the Government of India's Department of Agriculture.
Krishi Sanjeevani Vans Objectives
Some of the primary objectives of the Krishi Sanjeevani Vans are as follows:
- To offer various laboratory testing facilities to the farming fields.
- To examine the water and soil and propose pest control remedies to the state's agriculturalists.
- To enhance the farming output by restricting the pest issues and proposing ways to enhance agricultural yield.
- To propose treatments to the agriculturalists by experimenting with the soil and water in the farming lands.
Krishi Sanjeevani Vans Benefits
- Krishi Sanjeevani Vans offer suitable crops to be grown by checking the soil, moisture, and rodents impacting the crops.
- Provides first-hand help to agriculturalists in selecting good agriculture practices by carrying scientific test services to their fields.
- Help inform the agriculturalists on the land fertility, weeds, pest control, and the appropriate yields to be grown under present circumstances.
- This scheme would bring the farming division team to the pasturelands and offer agriculturalists an opportunity to gain more insights regarding cultivation by interacting with such specialists.
☛ Also Read: Today's Current Affairs
To sum up, we can say that before the launch of the Krishi Sanjeevani Vans initiative, the agriculturalists had challenges in evaluating the right crops for their soil. However, farmers will get better facilities to test their soils and gain expert assistance to earn more profits with this initiative.
FAQs on Krishi Sanjeevani Vans
Q.1. What is the Krishi Sanjeevani Vans initiative?
The Krishi Sanjeevani Vans is a current government of India initiative launched under the government's Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana (RKVY) scheme, implemented by the Karnataka Government in January 2021 by BS Yediyurappa, former Karnataka Chief Minister.
Q.2. When was the Krishi Sanjeevani Vans initiative launched?
The Krishi Sanjeevani Vans initiative was launched in 2021.
Q.3. What is the full form of RKVY in terms of Krishi Sanjeevani Vans?
The full form of RKVY is Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana, in terms of Krishi Sanjeevani Vans.
Q.4. What is the primary objective of the Krishi Sanjeevani Vans?
The primary objective of the Krishi Sanjeevani Vans is to offer various laboratory testing facilities to the farming fields, examine the water and soil, and propose pest control remedies to the state's agriculturalists.
Q.5. How much annual farming growth did the Krishi Sanjeevani Vans Yojana aim to achieve?
The Krishi Sanjeevani Vans Yojana envisioned attaining a 4% annual farming growth.