There are a total of four bank holidays in November 2022. November is the eleventh and second-last month of the year, with several regional and national bank holidays. This month marks the peak of the festive season in India and also marks the onset of winter in many states.
With many events around the corner, one must know the dates of bank holidays in November.
This will help you to dodge visiting the banks on the days when it is scheduled to remain closed. Here, we have provided the list of all bank holidays in November 2022.
Bank Holidays in November 2022
The complete list of bank holidays in November is shared here. The following is the list of the events and festivals that will be celebrated in the country. It also marks out the days on which the banks will remain closed. Check out the entire list of state-wise bank holidays in 2022 below:
Bank Holiday In
1 November 2022
Puducherry Liberation Day, Kut, Haryana Day, Kerala Piravi, Karnataka Rajyotsava
Puducherry Liberation Day - Puducherry
Kut - Manipur
Haryana Day - Haryana
Kerala Piravi - Kerala
Karnataka Rajyotsava - Kannada
8 November 2022
Karthik Purnima, Guru Nanak Jayanti
Karthik Purnima - Orissa, Telengana
Guru Nanak Jayanti - Many states
23 November 2022
Seng Kut Snem
28 November 2022
Sri Guru Teg Bahadur Ji Martyrdom day
Punjab, Other states
Bank Holidays 2022 November - List of All Holidays
A number of bank holidays will be observed around the nation in the month of November. While some of these holidays are celebrated across many states, others are only observed in one or two. Here are all the details about these bank holidays in November 2022:
- Kut: Every year, on the 1st of November, Manipur celebrates Kut, an Indian state-level festival. This Kut, also known as 'Chavang Kut' (Paddy Kut), is one of the largest and most popular events in the country. Its history dates back over 3,000 years. There is a regional bank holiday in November on this day in Manipur.
- Puducherry Liberation Day: Puducherry Liberation Day is an annual Indian bank holiday celebrated on 1st November in the union territory of Puducherry. This holiday celebrates the handover of French India's territory to the Republic of India in 1954.
- Haryana Day: Haryana Day is a regional bank holiday in November 2022. This day is celebrated in Haryana, India and is observed on 1st November every year to commemorate the establishment of the state of Haryana in 1966.
- Karnataka Rajyotsava: Every year, on 1st November, there is a regional bank holiday for Karnataka Formation Day. On this day in 1956, the state of Karnataka was formed.
- Kerala Piravi: Among all the Bank Holidays in November 2022, Kerala Day, also known as Kerala Piravi marks the establishment of the state of Kerala. Kerala was established on 1st November 1956, several years after India's independence. Previously, it was divided into three major provinces and many outlying districts, all of which were ruled by different kings.
- Karthika Purnima: Kartika Purnima is a Hindu, Sikh, and Jain cultural event that takes place on the fifteenth lunar day of Kartik month. There will be a bank holiday on this day.
- Guru Nanak Jayanti: This day marks the birth of Guru Nanak, the first Sikh guru, and there will be a bank holiday in November 2022 on this day. Guru Nanak Dev, one of the most well-known Sikh gurus and the founder of Sikhism, is worshipped by the Sikh community.
- Seng Kut Snem: Every year on 23rd November, the north-eastern Indian state of Meghalaya observes Seng Kut Snem. There is a regional bank holiday for this day in Meghalaya.
- Martyrdom day of Sri Guru Teg Bahadur Ji: On 24th November, Guru Tegh Bahadur Martyrdom Day, also known as Shaheedi Diwas, is observed. On this day in 1675, Guru Tegh Bahadur was publicly killed in Delhi on the orders of the then-Mughal Emperor, Aurangzeb. This is one of the many bank holidays in November 2022 in Punjab.
FAQs on Bank Holidays in November
Q1. What is the total number of bank holidays in November?
The total number of bank holidays in November is four (excluding Sundays). These days are 1st November (Kut), 8th November (Guru Nanak Jayanti), 23rd November (Seng Kut Snem), and 28th November (Guru Teg Bahadur Jayanti).
Q2. Which state has a bank holiday in November for Kut?
Manipur has a bank holiday in November for Kut. Also known as 'Chavang Kut' (Paddy Kut), it is one of the largest and most popular events in the country. The history of this holiday dates back over 3,000 years. It is one of the important bank holidays in November in Manipur.
Q3. Is 8th November a bank holiday?
Yes, 8th November is one of the bank holidays in November. On this day, Kartika Purnima and Guru Nanak Dev Jayanti will be celebrated in several states. Kartika Purnima will mainly be celebrated in the state of Orissa on 8th November.
Q4. Is Guru Tegh Bahadur Jayanti a bank holiday?
Yes, Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji Martyrdom Day is one of the bank holidays in November 2022. On this day, Guru Teg Bahadur was murdered by the Mughal emperor, Aurangzeb. Since then, this day is observed as Shaheed Diwas or Guru Teg Bahadur Jayanti.
Q5. Is there a bank holiday on 1st November?
Yes, 1st November is one of the bank holidays in November 2022. There are multiple events on this day, including Puducherry Liberation Day, Kut, Haryana Day, Kerala Piravi, Karnataka Rajyotsava. So, the banks will remain closed in several states of the country.