The Ayushman Sahakar scheme is a National Cooperative Development Corporation initiative to provide financial assistance to cooperatives for creating a holistic healthcare infrastructure in rural areas.
Which Activities are Covered Under the Ayushman Sahakar Scheme?
The following activities are covered under the Ayushman Sahakar scheme:
- Hospitals, both traditional and AYUSH, can operate UG (undergraduate) and PG (postgraduate) programs
- IRDA recognized health insurance
- Emergency Medical Services
- Yoga Wellness Centres
- Child Health Services
- Elderly Health Care
- Gyms and Health Clubs
- Unani, allopathy, and ayurvedic healthcare centres
Provide margin money for daily working capital requirements for the institutions mentioned above
Ensure adequate working capital required for day-to-day activities
What Are the Objectives of the Ayushman Sahakar Scheme?
- Ensure holistic and affordable healthcare through cooperative societies using hospitals and education facilities
- Promote AYUSH facilities that are offered by cooperative societies
- Ensure cooperative societies meet the objectives of the National Health Policy
- Ease participation of cooperative societies in the National Digital Health Mission
- Enable cooperative societies to provide comprehensive healthcare services, including education, insurance, services, and more.
Who is Eligible for Benefits Under the Ayushman Sahakar Scheme?
A cooperative society needs to be registered under the State or Multi-State Cooperative Societies Act to be eligible for benefits under the Ayushman Sahakar scheme.
There should be a provision in the bylaws that allows the society to provide services to hospitals or healthcare sectors. The scheme allows cooperatives to avail of benefits under other government schemes simultaneously.
What Are the Terms and Conditions of the Loan?
The following are the details of the loan provided under the Ayushman Sahakar scheme:
Period of Loan:
The loan is given for a period of 8 years with a 1-2 year moratorium facility for principal repayment. This depends on the project type and its ability to generate revenue.
The interest rate is set by the NCDC and varies from time to time. If women members form a majority in a cooperative society, the NCDC offers a discount of 1% against the applicable rate.
Security Required Against the Loan:
The NCDC may provide loans to cooperative societies either by direct funding or through the State Government. The cooperative society may provide the following securities or a combination of securities:
- Assets held by the society or being created as part of the project. The loan granted is 1.5 times these assets
- State or Central Government Guarantee
- FDR of nationalized or scheduled banks can be pledged. The loan given is 1.2 times the securities pledged.
- Central PSU or their CSR foundation and statutory body guarantee
- Nationalized bank or scheduled bank guarantee
- Government bonds or securities can be hypothecated or assigned. NCDC loan is 1.2 times the value of such securities or bonds
How Much Funding is Provided Under the Ayushman Sahakar Scheme?
State Government Funding:
When NCDC funds the cooperative through the State Government:
- Loan by NCDC: 90%
- Share of Society: 10%
When the State Government provides funds to the Society
- Loan 50%
- Share Capital 40%
- Society's Share 10%
When NCDC provides funds directly to the society:
- Loan 70%
- Society's share 30%
The Ayushman Sahakar scheme has been launched to provide financial assistance to cooperative societies so that healthcare facilities for rural areas can be improved. An initiative of the National Cooperative Development Corporation, this scheme provides loans at competitive rates to cooperative societies.
FAQs on Ayushman Sahakar Scheme
Q.1. What is the Ayushman Sahakar Scheme?
The Ayushman Sahakar scheme is an NCDC initiative to assist cooperative societies in providing holistic healthcare in rural areas.
Q.2. Which Activities Are Covered Under the Ayushman Sahakar Scheme?
The Ayushman Sahakar scheme covers infrastructure, working capital, and margin money.
Q.3. Who Can Apply for Benefits under the Ayushman Sahakar Scheme?
Cooperative Societies registered under the State or Multi-State Cooperative Societies Act are eligible to apply for benefits under the Ayushman Sahakar Scheme.
Q.4. Can the Loan Be Combined With Other Subsidies?
Yes, the loan can be combined with loans from the Central or State Government.