The suitable layout of distribution system for a city with roads of rectangular pattern is
Which of the following allows the water to flow in one direction only?
Goose neck are used to connect
Consider the following statements regarding anchorage of pipelines conveying water:
1) At bends, pipes tend to pull apart
2) At bends, forces exerted on the joints due to longitudinal shearing stresses are enormous and the joints may get loosened
3) To avoid problems by hydrodynamic effects, pipes are anchored using concrete blocks which absorb side thrusts at bends
4) Pipes are also anchored on steep slopes
Which of the above statements are correct?
Consider the following statements:
In the water–supply distribution network, the dead-end system is not favoured because.
1) It is cumbersome in terms of design.
2) The pressure at the dead-ends becomes undesirably low in the case of additional extensions.
3) It is difficult to maintain residual chlorine levels at the dead – ends.
Assertion (A): Grid Iron System of water destitution network is difficult in design and costlier.
Reason (R): Discharge to be carried by each pipe, and the Size of the pipe get reduced in Grid iron system
Statement (I): Asbestos cement sewers are not recommended for the underground sewer line.
Statement(II): Asbestos sewers are susceptible to corrosion due to H2S gas.
Which one of the following is not a major deterrent in water harvesting through water tanks?
The type of valve, which is provided to control the flow of water through pipe line______.
If the population of a city is 1 lakh, average water consumption is 250 lpcd, then the filters and lift pumps will be designed for