UGC NET History Quiz 2020
Attempt now to get your rank among 3462 students!
Assertion(A):- The Santhals were given land and persuaded to settle in the foothills of Rajmahal by the 18th century.
Reason(R):- They initially refused to cut forest, resisted touching the plough, and continued to be turbulent.
1) Adi Brahmo Sabha was founded by Raja Ram Mohan Roy in Kolkata.
2) All India Brahmo Samaj was founded by Debendranath Tagore.
3) Sadharan Brahmo Samaj was founded by Anand Mohan Bose and Kesab Chandra Sen.
Choose the incorrect statements.
1) The Grand Imperial Durbar held in 1875 in Delhi by Lord Lytton.
2) Vernacular Press Act of 1878 by Lord Lytton.
3) Reduction of the upper age limit from 21 to 19 in the Civil Services in 1879 by Lord Lytton.
Choose the correct statements.
Match List I with List II, and select the correct answer by using the codes given below the lists:
1) Swaraj:- formation of Dawn Society and Shanti-Niketan
2) Swadeshi:- first introduced by Arya Samaj
3) Atma-Shakti:- Hindu-Muslim Unity
1) In 1858 Lord Canning sent forth the royal proclamation in a grand Darbar at Delhi.
2) It was then proclaimed that all treaties and engagements of East India Company with princely states would be maintained and honoured.
3) The document was called “Magnacarta of the People of India”.
- 3462 attempts
- 11 upvotes
- 40 comments