Environment Quiz 08. 03. 2018
Attempt now to get your rank among 1354 students!
1) Dodo - (Mauritius)
2) Quagga - (Africa)
3) Thylacine - (Australia)
4) Steller’s Sea Cow - (Russia)
Correct options are –
1) Algae are the green differentiated plants.
2) The fresh water algae are generally green or blue-green in colour
3) The marine ones are red or brown.
With reference to Kaziranga National Park, which of the following statements is/are correct?
1) It hosts two-thirds of the world's great one-horned rhinoceros.
2) It was declared a Tiger Reserve in 2006.
3) Kaziranga is recognised as an Important Bird Area by BirdLife International.
4) Tropical moist forest and Tropical semi-evergreen forest can be found in Kaziranga.
Select the correct answer using the codes given below
1) It is a gas that contributes to the warming of the atmosphere.
2) It is generally produced from the incomplete combustion.
3) It warms the earth by absorbing the heat in the atmosphere and by reducing the albedo.
4) Being high in global warming potentiality, it stays in the atmosphere for years.
Which of above is/are not correct?
1) It is home to the largest amount of glaciers after the North and South poles.
2) It is predicted that there will be an increase in the phenomenon of Glacial Lake Outburst Floods (GLOFs) in eastern and central Himalayas.
3) The melting glaciers of Himalayas have a serious impact on non-perennial rivers that further flourishes the agriculture.
Select the incorrect code:
(1). Terrestrial biosphere tends toward a net carbon source
(2). Widespread coral mortality will occur.
(3). All the global wetlands will permanently disappear.
(4). Cultivation of cereals will not be possible anywhere in the world.
Select the correct answer using the code given below.
Assertion (A) – Pyramid of energy is always upward.Reason (R) – Energy pyramid concept helps to explain the phenomenon of biological magnification.
Select the correct answer from the codes given below:
1). Carrying capacity of a habitat is the maximum number of individuals of a population which can be provided with all the necessary resources for their healthy living.
2). Beyond carrying capacity, the size of population begins to increase.
1) Biotic interaction between the organisms is fundamental for its survival and functioning of ecosystem as a whole.
2) The relation between the plant and pollinator is an example of Mutualism
3) Amensalism is said to be established when one species is harmed and the other is unaffected.
1) Hard and waxy leaves
2) Tiny leaves or no leaves
3) Thorns instead of leaves
Select the correct answer using the codes given below-
- 1354 attempts
- 11 upvotes
- 37 comments