The aspirants who are appearing for this test should know the difference between XAT score and XAT percentile. The purpose of this article is to give you a clear understanding between XAT score & Percentile. Go through the full article of XAT Score Vs Percentile to know all the important points related to calculation of XAT score and corresponding percentile.
What is XAT Score?
XAT Score simply means the overall marks of the candidate calculated on the basis of the scheme representing the XAT exam pattern.
- For each correct answer one mark is awarded
- For each wrong answer, 0.25 marks will be reduced
- If the candidate skips more than 8 questions, then after, for each unanswered question, 0.10 will be deducted
- Total marks are calculated on the basis of the number of questions attempted by the candidate, taking into consideration of the above points
How to Calculate XAT Score
Marks for Correct Answers
Marks Deducted for Wrong Answers
Marks Deducted for Un-attempted Questions
Total XAT Score
NOTE: Keep in mind the negative marking as well as the loss for not attempting the questions
What is XAT Percentile?
XAT percentile is the calculation of the percentage on the basis of his/her performance in the XAT test as well as the number of test takers. The percentile is evaluated with the help of the candidates appear in the examination. It is calculated to create a rank list according to the number of the candidates appeared for the test. After ranking, calculate the percentile according to the steps shown below.
How to Calculate XAT Percentile
Follow the steps given below to calculate XAT percentile:
- Step 1- The first step is to calculate the number of the candidates (N) who have appeared for the examination in both the shifts
- Step 2- First, take into consideration the marks of one of the sections of XAT. Let us take Quantitative Ability section
- Step 3- Then, rank (R) all the candidates according to the marks obtained in QA
- Step 4- Calculate the percentile (P) of the candidate with ranking (R) in the QA section as shown: P = (N-r)/N x 100
- Step 5- Now, round of the percentile to two decimal points
- Now follow the same procedure to calculate the percentile of all other sections and XAT Percentile
NOTE: The G.K. section of XAT test is not taken into consideration for XAT Percentile
How to check XAT Score and XAT Percentile
For XAT Score:
- First, candidates have to wait for the answer key of XAT exam
- Once, the answer key is released, the candidates can easily evaluate their XAT score on the basis of their correct/wrong/un-attempt questions
- The steps have already been described above. You just need to follow the steps and calculate your XAT score
For XAT Percentile:
- Login to XAT site for checking the score card of XAT
- XAT Scorecard tab is available on the top of the screen
- Go to that section. Enter your details: XAT ID and DOB
- Your scorecard will be visible. In that, percentile for each section as well as overall section will be provided
Now, your doubts regarding XAT Score and Percentile would be cleared. Now, make a good strategy plan for your exam. Start reading daily newspapers like ‘The Hindu’ & ‘Times of India’. This would improve your vocab as well as the grammatical section. For more guidance, download the BYJU'S Exam Prep app. It can help you in many ways and can solve all your queries related to any MBA exam. Download the app NOW and subscribe to Online Classroom Program for more opportunities.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.
If you are aiming to crack CAT, join BYJU'S Exam Prep Online Classroom Program where you get :
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card