Steps involved in Respiration
- Pulmonary ventilation through which involves drawing in the atmospheric air and releasing carbon dioxide-rich air out.
- The diffusion of gases takes place across the alveolar membrane.
- Transport of gases by the blood.
- Diffusion of oxygen and carbon dioxide between the tissues and blood.
- Oxygen is utilised by the cells for catabolic reactions, which results in the release of carbon dioxide.
Write the Steps in Respiration
Respiration is the most integral human process which ensures the supply of oxygen in our bodies and the release of carbon dioxide. It can also be defined as the breakdown of complex organic compounds and the release of simple inorganic compounds along with energy. Lastly, it is an exothermic reaction because it produces both heat and energy.
☛ Related Questions: