- Organic materials, minerals, gases, liquids, and living things all coexist in the soil to support life.
- It is also known as earth or dirt.
Preparation of soil
- The primary objective of the bare area is to maintain the soil's physical suitability for crop cultivation.
- To determine the soil's quality, additional procedures including ploughing and tiling the ground are carried out.
- It is the process of planting plants.
- By keeping the planting depth at roughly 2-3 times the size of the seed, seeds are covered with a tiny amount of soil during sowing.
- It is the methodical elimination of weeds from a field.
- In essence, it is a pre-harvesting technique for crop protection and damage avoidance.
- The undesirable plants, leaves, etc. are removed during this operation.
- It involves separating the grain's edible portion from the stalk or straw that is linked to it.
- It is a procedure used after harvest.
- Basically, it involves using machinery to separate the grain or seeds.
Write a paragraph in your own words on each of the following: (a) Preparation of soil (b) Sowing (c) Weeding (d) Threshing
In order to support life, soil contains a variety of creatures, gases, organic matter, liquids, and minerals. The quality of the soil is determined by tiling and ploughing the ground. Sowing is the process of planting plants. Weeding is the process of methodically eliminating weeds from a field. Threshing is the process of separating the edible portions of the gramme from the straw or stalk attacked.