About Frankfurt Parliament
A total of 831 elected representatives marched into a procession to take their places in the Frankfurt Parliament convened in the church of St. Paul. The other key points related to the Frankfurt Parliament are:
- A constitution was drafted to be headed by a monarchy subject to a parliament.
- The middle class dominated the parliament and resisted the demands of the artisans and workers.
- It resulted in the loss of their support.
- When the Parliament was convened, women were observers only to stand in the visitor’s gallery.
- In the end, the assembly was disbanded by the troops.