How Osaka is the Manchester of Japan?
Osaka, a city in Japan exports the finished product and has a good market due to good quality and low price. Osaka has grown as a centre of textile because:
- Climate is warm and humid which is well suited to spinning and weaving.
- Sufficient water for the mills is provided by the yodo river.
- Location of port facilitates import of raw cotton and for exporting textiles.
- Labour is easily available.
- Cotton in Osaka is imported from Egypt, India, China, and the USA.