Damage to the Ozone Layer
- The ozone layer protects the earth from harmful ultraviolet rays. It is essential for the survival of all living and inanimate objects. If the ozone layer is depleted, life will cease to exist.
- Adverse effects include the growth of certain types of cutaneous malignancies, cataracts, and immunodeficiency disorders.
Steps were taken to limit the depletion:
- Use vehicles as little as possible.
- The use of fossil fuels should not be recommended.
- All manufacturers must now produce CFC-free refrigerators worldwide.
- When repairing air conditioners and refrigerators, the refrigerant should be sent to a recycling facility instead of being released into the atmosphere.
- Raise public awareness of the causes, effects, and control strategies of ozone depletion.
- can enter into international agreements to limit his CFC emissions from companies. This is because this is not a problem specific to one country.
Why is damage to the ozone layer a cause for concern? What steps are being taken to limit this damage?
The ozone layer damage is a cause of concern as it is responsible for eye cataracts, skin malignancies, and immune deficiency illness among people. To prevent this, vehicles should be used less, fossil fuels should not be used more, and CFC-free refrigerators have to be made use of.
Commentswrite a comment