About the Last Mughal Emperor
He is also referred to as Bahadur Shah II. He was the 20th and last Mughal emperor of India.
- He was coronated on 29 September 1837 at the Red Fort.
- In the early 19th century he ruled over a Mughal Empire.
- In the mid-nineteenth century, the East India Company became the dominant political and military power.
- He was involved in the Indian Mutiny of 1857 and hence he was sentenced to jail.
- He died at the age of 87 due to some illness.
- After his death, the family of the king was moved out of the Red Fort and given another place in Delhi.