Chairman of the National Commission for Women
- Since she has taken the leadership of the affairs, NCW has been setting new records.
- The most recent is the new helpline that the Commission introduced on July 27, 2021, which offers round-the-clock support to women who have experienced abuse through recommendations through linkages with relevant authorities such as the police, hospital, district legal services office, psychological services, etc.
- Madam Speaker is an ardent supporter of women's economic empowerment.
- In line with the Commission's efforts to make women independent and self-reliant, NCW launched an Entrepreneurship and Management Course to promote digital learning among 5,000 budding women entrepreneurs.
- NCW also organized a policy formulation consultation on 'Women and Children in Disasters' as women and children are the most affected in disaster cases by 48 Representatives of Civil Society, State Commission for Women, National Disaster Management Authority, etc.
- Ms. Sharma played a key role in inspecting Swadhar Grehsa, which operates under the Ministry of Women and Child Development.
- The Commission created a thorough proforma distributed to 404 Swadhar Grehs (S.G.s) nationwide to gather data on various areas of their operation.
Who is the present chairman of the National Commission for Women?
Madam Speaker Rekha Sharma is a fierce advocate for women's economic empowerment. NCW created an Entrepreneurship and Management Course to encourage digital learning among 5,000 aspiring women entrepreneurs as part of the Commission's efforts to make women autonomous and self-reliant.