Interesting Facts about C.V.Raman
- He earned his B.A. degree in the year 1904 from Presidency College, University of Madras, at the age of 16.
- He won gold medals in Physics and English both.
- Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar, nephew of C.V Raman also won the Nobel prize in physics in 1983.
- He established the Raman Research Institute in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- Some of his early work focused on music and phonetics, which in various ways paved the way for him to uncover some of the processes behind the light-based phenomenon.
Who is The Only Indian to Win Nobel Prize in Physics?
Dr. Chandrashekhar Venkata Raman was one of the greatest physicists of India who won the Nobel prize in Physics for the discovery of the scattering of light in the year 1930. He is also the first Asian who won the Nobel in Physics.