Head of Zila Parishad
- A Zila Parishad is a local government at the district level, and its members are elected for five years.
- They meet once every three months and discuss what needs to be done to improve living conditions, etc.
- The Chairman is elected from among the elected members indirectly, and the people elect the remaining members in a direct and fair election.
- The chairmen of all Panchayat Samitis in the District are ex-official members of the Zila Parishad.
- The Chairman and vice-chairman head the parish.
- The deputy director general from the general administration department at the district level is the ex-officio secretary of the Zila Parishad.
- The Director General, an IAS officer, or a senior civil servant, heads the administrative set-up of the Zila Parishad.
- He supervises the Parish Department and is assisted by Deputy General Managers and other district and block level officials.
Who is the head of Zila Parishad?
The Chairman of the Panchayat is the head of the Zila Parishad, acting like a president for the particular region. The Chairman serves as the Zilla panchayat's top official.