- Established the Chola Empire
- assumed the name Parakesarivarman
- He constructed the Narttamalai, Pudukkottai, someshwara temples.
- referred to by the last name Kodandarama.
- He was the Vijayalaya's son, who expanded Chola dominions by eradicating the Pallavas and taking over the Western Ganga Kingdom.
- Along the banks of the Kaveri, 108 Shiva temples were constructed by him.
Parantaka Chola I:
- took the name Parakesarivarman, who conquered Sri Lanka and Madurai, Maduraiyum Elamum Konda Parakesarivarman.
- The most prosperous period of his rule was characterized by rising success and wealth.
Who is the founder of the Chola dynasty?
Vijayalaya set the Chola Empire's foundation. He assisted the mighty Cholas in gaining control of the Tanjore kingdom in the ninth century by defeating the Pallavas. They exercised domination over territories not on the sea, such as Sri Lanka and the Maldives Islands, displaying their superior naval power and effectiveness.