CM (Chief Minister) of Union Territory
- Puducherry (1963) and Delhi (1992) have legislative assemblies, and councils of ministers presided over by chief ministers.
- Similarly, Jammu and Kashmir's union territory has a unicameral legislature.
- There are no similarly well-liked political institutions in the remaining union territories.
- India's Union Government governs federal territories known as Union Territories (UTs). They are also referred to as areas with central administration.
- The Indian President chooses Lieutenant Governors (LGs) to lead the Union Territories.
- The UT administrators are the LGs.
Who appoints the CM of union territory?
The President shall appoint the Chief Minister of the Union Territories and other Ministers on the Chief Minister's proposal. The President will appoint the Ministers, and they will serve as needed.
- The union territory of Jammu and Kashmir has a unicameral legislature comparable to this.
- The other union territories do not have any comparably well-liked political institutions.