Important Facts About Largest Tea Producers in India
Check the important facts about tea production in India to enhance your knowledge.
- More than 50% of tea in India comes from Assam, approximately around 650 million kilograms.
- Kamrup, Sivasagar, Goalpara, Lakhimpur, Nagaon, Cachar, and Derang are major tea producing districts in India.
- With 329 million tons of tea production, West Bengal comes second.
- The major tea producing districts of Bengal are Darjeeling, Jalpaiguri, and Coochbehar.
- Tamil Nadu and Kerala are in third and fourth place, respectively.
- Assam Tea, Darjeeling Tea, Nilgiri Tea, and Kangra Tea are the varieties that are registered as Geographical Indications.
Which State is the Largest Producer of Tea In India?
Assam is the largest producer in India and the largest tea-producing region in the world by production. Dibrugarh and Tinsukia districts of upper Assam are the leading tea producers in Assam.
☛ Related Questions: