Why do Work and torque have the Same Dimensions
It illustrates how to tie any unit to the basic units.
If we need to determine the dimensional formula for any quantity, we must first determine its units in terms of these basic units before substituting the dimensions for the units.
Work is the result of force and displacement in the force's direction. The unit of work is the joule.
1 Joule = 1 N .1 m = N m
Unit of force is Newton (N), the unit of distance is meter (m).
The definition of torque is the result of the force and the separation of the force from the site of action. Torque is measured in Newton metres, or N m.
When two physical quantities have the same units, their dimensions will be the same as well.
Since work and torque share the same unit, their dimensions will likewise be the same.
The dimension of both is M L2 T-2. Work and torque have the same dimensions.
So, the correct answer is work and torque.
Which One of the following pair has Same Dimensions? 1. Angular momentum and linear momentum 2. Work and power 3. Work and torque 4. Torque and pressure
The pair work and torque pair have the same dimensions. Nm is the dimension for both. The result of force and displacement in the force direction is work whereas the result of force and separate from the action of site is torque.
- Patanjali is well-known for the Compilation of ________.
- Which of the following has the Maximum Number of Unpaired Electrons? 1. Mg2+ 2. Ti3+ 3. V3+ 4. Fe2+
- Which of the Following Represents the Equation for Position-time Relation?
- Which One of the following has a Terminating Decimal Expansion?
- Which One of the Following Statements is correct? 1. The oxidation number for hydrogen is always zero
- Who was the First Woman Chief Minister of Independent India?