These have both basic and acidic characteristics.
Al2 O3 , SiO2 is an example of Amphoteric oxide.
Al2 O3 + 2NaOH (Base) → 2NaAlO2 + H2 O
Al2 O3 + 6HCl (acid) → 2AlCl3 + 3H2 O
It is a nonmetallic oxide that has an acidic chemistry.
An oxide is referred to as acidic if it reacts with water to form an acid.
CO2 carbonic acid is created by interaction with water (H2 CO3).
It is an acidic non-metallic oxide as well.
SO2 +H2 O→H2 SO3 (Sulfurous acid).
This oxide is basic.
Cu thus does not produce amphoteric oxide.
Which One of the Following is an Amphoteric Oxide? 1. Al2O3 2. CO2 3. SO2 4. CuO
Al2 O3 is an amphoteric oxide which has both basic and acidic properties resulting in the formation of salt and water
- In the Moment Distribution Method, the distribution factor for the end span, on the fixed end side is
- The Function of Interpolator in a CNC Machine Controller is to
- What is Adjective form of the Word 'Star'?
- Where is Roland Garros Grand Slam of Tennis Held?
- Which Fuel has Highest Calorific Value?
- Which of the following Represents the Equation for Position-time Relation?