Who are not considered to be Normal Residents?
The following individuals are not considered to be normal residents:
- Foreign visitors and tourists who travel to a country for conferences, sports, vacations, medical care, or other purposes.
- International organizations like the UN, WHO, etc. are not regarded as regular residents of the country in which they operate. Examples of such organizations include the US ambassador to India and other foreign staff members of embassies. They receive the same treatment as other locals in the international region.
- International organizations (such as the World Bank, the World Health Organization, or the International Monetary Fund) are treated as residents of the international territory rather than as citizens of the nation in which they are based.
- The staff of these organizations, however, is treated as regular citizens of the nation where the international organization functions.
- Americans who work in the World Health Organization's headquarters for more than a year will be recognised as normal residents of India, despite the fact that the organization is a global organization and not a normal resident of India.
Which of the following is a Normal Resident of India? (a) USA ambassador in India, (b) Ambassador for India in USA, (c) Foreigners working in WHO located in India, (d) All of the above
Foreigners working for WHO in India are considered regular residents of that country. Institutions and individuals are both considered normal residents.
Commentswrite a comment