Important Facts about the bad conductor of electricity
Important information about the bad conductor of electricity is provided below. It will be really helpful for understanding the basics of the conductivity of electricity.
- Insulators did not conduct the electricity even at a high temperature. So they are bad conductors of electricity.
- Insulators provide high resistance to the flow of electricity and have heating effects.
- The forbidden energy gap between the conduction and valence shells is very high. So the flow of electrons is not possible.
- Examples of Insulators are plastic, glass, wood, dry cotton, and ceramic.
- It was used in electric transmission and heating purposes applications.
- Types of Insulators used in the electric power transmission: Pin, Suspension, and Strain insulators.
Which of the following is a Bad Conductor of Electricity?
Materials with higher electric resistance and low conductivity are called bad conductors. They are called insulators in general. The resistivity of the insulators is higher than that of the conductors and semiconductors.
☛ Related Questions:
- In Which Year The Climate Change Knowledge Network In Indian Agriculture CCKNIA Was Launched In Three States That Are Maharashtra, Jharkhand, And Odisha
- What Does Tool Signature Mean?
- Communication Between a Computer and a Keyboard Involves What Transmission?
- Under the Indian Constitution, The Concentration of Wealth is a Violation of?