Answer: Rajasthan is the largest state in India.
It can be considered in terms of population as well as in terms of area. As we discussed, in terms of area, Rajasthan is the largest state. And, in terms of population, Uttar Pradesh is the largest state in India, based on the 2011 Census report.
Check all the details about the largest state in terms of population and area below.
Largest State in India by Population
Uttar Pradesh is the largest state in India by population with around 19.98 crores of people living there as per the Census 2011 data. The other relevant details about this state are as follows:
- Capital - Lucknow
- It is divided into 18 divisions with 75 districts in total.
- The total area covered by this state is 2,40,928 square kilometres.
- It is the fourth largest state in India in terms of the area preceded by Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, and Maharashtra.
- Major crops grown in this state are wheat and sugar cane.
Largest State in India by Area
Rajasthan is the largest state in India by area followed by Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra. The total area of Rajashtan is 342239 square kilometres with a total population of 68,548,437 crores based on Census 2011. Other details about this state are mentioned below:
- Capital - Jaipur
- There are a total of 33 districts in Rajasthan.
- Thar desert is located here.
- Literacy rate - 66.11%.
- Major crops grown are Barley, Mustard, Guar, etc.
Area (square kilometres)
Madhya Pradesh (MP)
Uttar Pradesh (UP)
Hence, Rajasthan is the largest state in India.
Commentswrite a comment