Answer - D. Gain
Gain is not a characteristic of logical families.
Logic families indicate the types of logic circuits used in the IC. The main categories of logic families include:
- TTL (Transistor-Transistor Logic)
- CMOS (Complementary MOS)
- ECL (Emitter Coupled Logic)
Characteristics of Logic Families
The key traits of Logic families are as follows
- Speed: The amount of time that passes between applying input and changing the circuit's output is what defines a logic circuit's speed.
- Fan-in establishes the maximum number of inputs the logic gate can process.
- Fan-out: determines how many circuits a gate is capable of driving.
- Noise immunity: The most noise a circuit can handle without harming the output.
- Dissipation of Power: Power is lost when a circuit changes from one state to the next.
Hence, Option (D) is the correct answer.