Essential Facts About The World's Longest Railway Platform
Relevant information about the world's most extended railway platform is given below. Candidates should go through the information mentioned below. This info will be helpful for the questions related to the topic.
- Hubli Junction Railway Station has the most extended railway platform in the world, with a length of 1,505 m.
- The full name of Hubli Junction Railway Station is Shri Siddharoodha Swamiji – Hubli Junction.
- It was operated by South-Western Indian Railways.
- This railway station has five platforms and eight tracks.
- It is the busiest railway station in Karnataka after the Bengaluru city railway station.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate Hubli Junction Railway Station.
Which Indian Railway Station has The World's Longest Railway Platform?
Hubli Junction Railway Station, operated by South Western Railway, has the world's most extended railway platform with a length of 1505m. Gorakhpur Railway station is in the second position on the list. However, Gorakhpur railway station is the official Longest railway station as the Hubli Junction Railway Station platform is not inaugurated yet. Its construction is complete.