Answer: D. Blast furnace slag cement
Blast furnace slag cement is suitable for marine work.
Low heat portland cement
- It contains high percentage of C2S and a low percentage of C3S and C3A.
- Rate of development of strength is low.
- Initial setting time should not be more than 60 minutes.
- It is generally used in mass concrete work like dams, retaining walls, bridges etc.
Rapid hardening cement
- It contains more C3S and less C2S as compared to Ordinary portland cement
- Initial setting time should not be less than 30%
- Ultimate strength of rapid hardening cement is equal to Ordinary portland cement.
- It is used in road repair work,prestress concrete work etc.
Ordinary portland cement
- Obtained by pulverizing argillaceous and calcareous material in proper proportion
- Higher compressive strength at early stage
- It is classified as 33 grade,43 grade,53 grade. The number 33,43 and 53 classified as 28 days characteristics compressive strength of cement
- Commonly used in concrete construction work where there is no exposure to weather.
Blast furnace slag cement
- It is obtained by mixing portland cement,granulated blast furnace slag and gypsum.
- Low heat of hydration
- High sulphate resistance capacity
- Good resistance to marine effects.
- Commonly used in marine work.
☛ Related Questions:
Commentswrite a comment