Tennis Grand Slams
South African Open Championship is the oldest golf championships at national level, which was played first in 1903, which is the principal tournament on the Sunshine Tour which was Southern-Africa-based. From 1997 it was sanctioned by European Tour.
In 1903, the formal event was first organised, in exhibition matches which were held in the preceding years. The championship was contested initially over 36 holes till 1908, and it was extended to become 72-hole tournament. Non-whites participated in the South African Open, mostly when Papwa Sewgolum completed the second in 1963, and till 1972 that black golfers were permitted to compete.
May and June
Terminologies used in Tennis are
- Deuce, Service, Grandslam, Breakpoint, Advantage, Game Point, Smash, Shot, Grass Court. Break, Baseline, Drop shot, Netplay, etc.
Trophies in tennis are
- Thant Cup, Edgbaston Cup, Davis Cup, Wightman Cup.
Which among the following is NOT a Tennis Grand Slam Tournament? 1. US Open 2. South African Open 3. French Open 4. Wimbledon
Among the following, South African Open is NOT a tennis grand slam tournament. It was played in the year 1903 for golf championship.
- 3p Orbital has _____ Radial Nodes
- Which of the following has the Maximum Number of Unpaired Electrons? 1. Mg2+ 2. Ti3+ 3. V3+ 4. Fe2+
- Which of the Following Represents the Equation for Position-time Relation?
- Which One of the following has a Terminating Decimal Expansion?
- Which One of the Following Statements is correct? 1. The oxidation number for hydrogen is always zero
- Who was the First Woman Chief Minister of Independent India?