TISCO - Tata Iron and Steel Company (1907)
- TISCO was set up in 1907 but started the production of steel in 1912.
- It started the production of pig iron in 1911.
- Due to its contribution to the first world war, it soon assumed the status of the largest operating steel plant under the British empire by 1939.
- Being located near the banks of the Subarnarekha and Kharkai rivers, TISCO received enough water supply for its use.
- It is located at Jamshedpur proved quite advantageous as it was near to the deposits of iron ore, coal and manganese. It was also near Kolkata, which was a large market for the industry.
- The headquarters of TISCO is located in Mumbai, Maharashtra, and its marketing headquarters are located in Kolkata and West Bengal.
- The iron and steel that is manufactured by TISCO are being used in many areas and sectors such as the defence sector and the security sector, and other areas of construction, engineering, excavations, etc.