The first computer in India's history
- With the introduction of the HEC-2M in 1955, India entered the computer era.
- A.D.Booth created the computer HEC-2M in England.
- The Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) in Calcutta (now Kolkata) was the first to enjoy the privilege.
- The first supercomputer created by Indian researchers is called Param. IIT installed the first supercomputer built locally, dubbed Param Shivay (BHU).
- Param was created by Vijay Pandurang Bhatkar.
- He created the PARAM 8000, the first supercomputer in India, in 1991.
- He constructed the National Param Supercomputing Facility (NPSF) based on the PARAM series and produced the PARAM 10000 in 1998.
When and Where was India's first computer installed?
The first computer in India was given to the Indian Statistical Institute in Calcutta in 1955. (currently known as Kolkata) Param is the name of the first supercomputer developed by scientists in India.