Details on Role of the Judicial System
The judicial system safeguards the rights of the individual, settles disputes, and ensures that democracy does not give way to dictatorship.
- Judicial Review: The Judiciary in India has the power to strike down any law which violates the basic structure of the constitution.
- Dispute Resolution: It is the process of resolving disputes between people, between any citizen and state government, between any citizen and central government, etc. in accordance with the law.
- Upholding The Law and Enforcing Fundamental Rights: In the event of a violation of the fundamental rights of any citizen of India, he/she can move to the Supreme court or High court.
- Describe Poverty Trends in India Since 1973
- Describe the Impact of Globalisation on Indian Agriculture.
- Explain the Role of Women in Nazi society. Return to Chapter 1 on the French Revolution. Write a Paragraph Comparing and Contrasting the Role of Women in the Two Periods.
- How can we Reduce Human-Wildlife Conflict?