Facts about the Himadri and Shivalik
- The world's highest peak, Mount Everest, along with other peaks such as K2 Kanchenchunga, is part of the Himadri range. They are home to many famous glaciers like Gangotri and Satopanth.
- Shivalik is also known as the Outer Himalayas.
- Shivalik is famous for Duns. Dehradun is a famous tourist place located in the Shivalik range.
- The Himalayas extend in the shape of an arc to a distance of about 2500 km.
- from west to east along the northern border of India. The Himalayas almost rise to the east.
- suddenly from the plains of West Bengal and Assam.
What is the other name of Himadri and Shivalik?
The northern range is called the Himadri, the middle range is called the Himachal, and the last is called the Shivalik or outer Himalayas. The Himadri is also famous as the Greater Himalayas. The Himadri range is covered with snow throughout the year. There are several large and small glaciers. Three parallel Himalayas mountain ranges run from north to south.