Goiporia Committee Recommendations
- The Goiporia committee was established to assist in raising the various levels of customer service in the nation's banks.
- M.N. Goiporia founded the Goiporia Committee in 1990.
- Additionally, he was the SBI's 14th chairman (State Bank of India).
- Although he began as a probationary officer, he served in various roles until being appointed chairman of the State Bank of India in 1990.
- M.N. Goiporia presided over the Goiporia Committee, and during his tenure there, he issued several essential suggestions to improve India's banking industry's customer service.
- M.N. Goiporia was accused of several offences while serving as chair because he had a substantial role in the scam that occurred in 1992 and had played an unreasonably significant part in it.
What is the Goiporia committee?
The Goiporia Committee was founded in 1990 by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI). The Goiporia group conducted research and formulate recommendations for improving bank customer service.