Functions of Salivary Glands
1) Lubrication and binding of food: Saliva aids in lubricating food as well as the mouth and oesophagus to ensure that food moves through them smoothly.
2) Makes the dry food material soluble
3) It maintains oral hygiene
4) Saliva contains amylases, which break down starch. So, the mouth is where starch digestion starts.
5) Creates a more alkaline environment in the mouth.
What is the Functions of Salivary Glands?
The saliva helps in swallowing, chewing and digestion. It has a lubricating effect in the mouth which produces a smoother speech. It dissolves food which allows the tongue to know the taste of food
- A Solution of Concentration Cuso4 is Electrolysed for 965 Sec With a Current of 20a and 50
- How Many Moles of Electron Weigh 1 Kg
- I Increase 180 by 25 Percent Ii Decrease 140 by 18 Percent
- If Alpha and 1 by Alpha Are the Zeroes of Px 4x2 2x K 4 Find K
- If the Manufacturer Gains 10 Percent the Wholesale Dealer 15 Percent and the Retailer 25 Percent Then
- Explain Mutation and Its Type in Detail
Commentswrite a comment