What is the Full Form of NIC?
The full form of NIC is a Network Interface Card. NIC can also be called a network adapter or LAN network. It is a portion of computer hardware used to link a computer to a network, either through cables or wirelessly.
Full-Form of NIC in Computer
NIC Full form various possible NIC related full forms in Computer, Networking, Banking, Abbreviation, acronym, short-form etc. Here we are talking about the full form of NIC in Computers & Networking.
NIC stands for Network interface controller, also comprehended as a network interface card. It is a hardware device that links a computer to a computer network. The NIC is incorporated into the motherboard, or it may be connected to be an external device via a USB cable.
NIC Full Form: Advantages
NIC connects different networking devices to share data over the connected network. It provides numerous functionality and many advantages, which are listed below:
- NIC delivers a steadfast, secure, and prompter connection than the wireless network card.
- It helps join external devices by utilizing multiple NIC ports.
- The communication speed in NIC is lofty.
- Network Interface cards are fairly affordable.
- Through this, NIC users can transfer a huge amount of data.
NIC Full Form: Disadvantages
There are a few drawbacks of NIC too, which are listed below:
- NIC is problematic to operate.
- NIC requires a decent configuration to operate efficiently.
- NIC cards are not that safe, so the data inside NIC is not shielded.
- For wired NIC, a hard-wired connection is needed.
|GATE Exam Related Links|
|GATE Pattern||GATE Cut Off 2022|
|GATE Exam Registration||GATE Response Sheet|
|NIELIT Scientist B Previous Year Papers||GATE 2022 Fees|
|GATE Syllabus for CSE||GATE Eligibility Criteria 2022|
|GATE Total Marks||HPCL Salary|
If you are preparing for ESE/ GATE or other PSU Exams, then avail Online Classroom Program for ESE and GATE:
Attempt online mock tests of ESE & GATE at Byju's Exam Prep to improve the exam score in all disciplines.
All the Best!