Arya Samaj Aim and Principles
Swami Dayananda Saraswati, a social and religious reformer, was born on February 12th, 1824. He was born in Gujarat in Tankara. He established Arya Samaj on April 7, 1875.
Dayananda Saraswati Biography:
- Dayananda, born Mul Shankar Tiwari, was a renowned Hindu religious reformer.
- Karshanji Lalji Kapadia, a tax collector, and his wife Yashodabai raised him in a prosperous home.
- In his early years, he studied the Vedas and Sanskrit.
- After the passing of his sister and uncle, he began to consider the purpose of life.
- In his teens, Mul Shankar decided he wanted to live an ascetic life and fled his parents when he engaged to be married.
- During this period, he also started practicing yoga.
- Virajanand Dandeesha was his spiritual mentor in all matters.
- He spent 25 years as a wandering ascetic and traveled to northern India's Himalayas and other religious places.
- He sought the truth about life and gave up all material goods in this spiritual pursuit.
What is the aim of Arya Samaj?
The aim of Arya Samaj was that the Vedas, the earliest Hindu writings, should be restored as the revealed truth. Its secondary objective was to improve humanity's general physical, spiritual, and social wellness.