Diagonals of Octagon
We already know that the number of diagonals that can be drawn by connecting the angular points of a polygon with n sides can be calculated as follows:
nC2 - n = n x (n - 3)/2
⇒ No. of diagonals of Octagon = [8 (8 - 3)/2]
No. of diagonal of Octagon = 20.
Properties of Octagon
Typically, while discussing qualities, regular octagons come to mind.
- Eight sides and eight angles make up these.
- Both the sides and the angles have equal lengths.
- A regular octagon has a total of 20 diagonals.
- The internal angles' combined total is 1080°, where each angle is equal to 135°(135×8 = 1080)
- sum of the octagon's outside angles is 360°, and each angle is 45°(45×8=360).
What is number of diagonals of Octagon? (A) 14 (B) 18 (C) 20 (D) 12
The Octagon has 20 diagonals in total. By connecting the angular points of an n-sided polygon's angular points, the number of diagonals can be shown.