What is Article 371j of the Indian Constitution?
Article 371j of the Indian constitution gives special power to the Governor of Karnataka to create a separate development board for the Hyderabad-Karnataka region of Karnataka. Under the Article 371 of the Constitution, the Governor of Karnataka enjoys the special responsibilities for:
- Establishing a separate development board for the Hyderabad-Karnataka region of Karnataka.
- Reserving the seats for the persons belonging to that region in the State Government posts.
- Reserving the seats for the native individuals in the vocational training or educational institutions within the region.
- Equitably allocating the fund requirement for the expenditure for developing the region.
- Making a provision that a report on the working of the board would be placed every year before the State Legislative Assembly.