Article 239 Clauses - Constitution of India
- A legislative body, a council of ministers, or both, with the Constitution, powers, and responsibilities may be established by law for the Union Territory of Puducherry.
- This body may be elected, partially nominated, or both.
- Although it may contain provisions that change or have the effect of amending this Constitution, any law referred to in the clause above must not be deemed such for Article 368.
What is Article 239?
Local legislatures, Councils of Ministers, or both may be created under Article 239A of the Indian Constitution by certain Union territories. It also includes the following phrases:
- The Union Territory of Puducherry may form a legislative body, a council of ministers, or both, with the Constitution, authority, and duties specified in the statute.
- This body can be entirely elected, partially nominated and elected, or both.