Ecosystem in One Sentence
The energy flow in an ecosystem is unidirectional. Initially, plants capture solar energy and then, food is transferred from the producers to decomposers. More information about energy flow in the ecosystem is given below:
- The sun is the only source of energy for all ecosystems.
- Different trophic levels of species are linked to each other for food or energy. This connection creates a food chain.
- A trophic level is a position that organisms occupy in food chains dependent on the source of their good or nutrition.
- Producers are in the first trophic level, herbivores are in the second, and predators are in the third.
- The nutrient cycle is the storage and transit of nutritional elements via the ecosystem's many components.